Below is some useful information from mr. Bentley
- Portrait – Due to Mr. Bentley by Tuesday, November 1st
A. Use Gentry Photography (simple way)
If the answer is yes, the company will provide the picture to Mr. Bentley. This is the easiest, most efficient option, as the school can hold Gentry accountable for any errors or missed photos. Taking photos over the summer is a great option!
B. Use an outside photographer besides Gentry (hardest way)
Please check with Mr. Bentley before Nov. 1st to make sure he has your photo!!!!
If you choose to use an outside company, please make sure the company clearly understands the expectations of the yearbook staff/advisor. The photographer MUST email the picture to Mr. Bentley by Nov. 1st in order for the picture to go in the yearbook.
Photo Guidelines (follow these exactly, otherwise your picture may not be included):
- Head Shot only, no props, hats, etc.
- Must be in color
- Size should be 2” wide, 3” height, and 300 dpi (resolution)
- Shot indoor (formal: girls wear a drape and guys wear a tux)
- JPEG format
- The photo should be named in the following format “Last Name,FirstName.jpg”
- Only emailed pictures will be accepted (no CDs)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email this subject: First Name, Last Name: Senior Picture
2. Senior Quote (return by Friday, September 30th)
Make sure you return your senior quote to Mr. Bentley by September 30th. Late quotes will not be accepted.
Items to consider:
*Inappropriate quotes will be rejected, and the student will not have a quote under his or her name in the yearbook.
*Foul language, bigotry, etc. will not be tolerated. If you suspect that your quote might be inappropriate, it probably is. Please ask Mr. Bentley if you have any questions.
*Quotes will only be accepted using this form (no spare sheets of paper, post its, etc)
*The quote will go directly beneath your portrait and will be printed exactly as written by the student.
* If you did not send a portrait to Mr. Bentley, then your quote will not appear in the book.
Click here for the senior quote form!
3. Senior Ad ( parent/student money due to Mr. Bentley by Friday, September 30th, finish ad process by Nov.1st)
What is a senior ad?
Sometimes, parents like to honor their senior’s accomplishments by creating a page dedicated to the student. We only have room for 10 spots in this book before we run out of pages, so start this process early!!
What goes on the page for a senior ad?
Senior ads are customized to parent/student preferences. Usually, parents will list major student accomplishments, include childhood photos, send a special message, etc.
How much does it cost?
For the 2016-17 year, senior ads will be available as full-page ads priced at $200.00. Send a check (not cash) written to BHS for Mr. Bentley in room 209.
How do it make this happen for my son or daughter?
- Contact Mr. Bentley – email@example.com with a draft of what you would like, inquiries, etc.
- Pay 200.00 by check to BHS to secure a spot in the book (by Sept. 30th). The earlier you pay, the more likely you are to secure a spot!
- The first 10 buyers will receive ad pages regardless of the number of inquiries.
- Ads can be customized, but the final draft will be completed by Nov. 1st to meet deadlines. All details of the ad must be worked out with the advisor by Nov. 1st or earlier.
- Please note that the company software can only accept JPG images, so keep this in mind when brainstorming your ad.
- The process will require email messaging, so check your email frequently during this process.
- Purchase by Tuesday, December 20th – $75.00 (copy guaranteed)
- Purchase Later (while supplies last) – $80.00+